The Website does not automatically gather personal information about you. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on your use of the Website and its functions. We generally collect the following types of information (collectively, the “Data”):
- Personal information – We may collect certain personal information including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, contact information and other similar information from which your identity is discernible. We may also collect specific descriptive, cultural, behavioural, preferential and/or life style information about yourself. However, we will only collect personal information if you voluntarily supply it.
- Demographic information – We may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your postal code, preferences, interests and favorites.
- Cookies – SIEC or our service providers may use “cookies” (small files stored on your computer) to help analyze the Website and to help us customize our content and services. You can erase or block this information by changing the settings on your computer. If you do erase or block this information you may not be able to utilize some features of the Website.
- Access and login information – We may record certain information regarding your access to the Website such as what areas you visit and what services you access. These logs may include information such as your personal data, your interaction with the service, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Communications – Email or other communications you send to us may be retained in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve services to you.
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas the Website, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom SIEC has no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Website.
Protection of Data
We strive to protect your Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alternation or disclosure. However, the use of such measures is not, and should not be considered to be, any type of guarantee or warranty by us that your Data will not be accessed by third parties or that third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Collection, Use and Sharing of Data
We collect and use your Data to:
- Provide products, services and information to you;
- Communicate with you regarding updates to the Website products, services and information;
- Foster positive user experience;
- Operate and improve the Website products, services and information;
- Inform you of other products, services or information available from SIEC or its affiliated entities;
- Contact you about your opinion of existing or potential products, services or information provided via the Website;
- Respond to your feedback, queries or requests;
- Create products, services and information that may meet your needs;
- Better tailor and improve the features of offered products, services and information.
- We have your consent;
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses, service providers or persons performing functions and providing services on our behalf. Such third parties will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions but will be contractually governed through signed contracts and agreements and may not share that information with any other party;
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SIEC, its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Website with our clients, partners and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors that visit the Website and how those visitors use the Website;
- We also may share your information with our marketing, technical, accounting, legal or other professionals to assist us in our business operations.
You may review, correct, update or change your account profile information at any time by simply logging into your account, going to your Account Profile, and editing it with the options provided.
If you opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from SaskCareers.ca or third parties at the time you registered, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your Account Profile as described above. Likewise, if you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your Account Profile.
You may review, delete, correct, update or change your information on the Website at any time by simply logging into your account.
You may also: (i) remove your account and information from the Website; or (ii) elect to no longer receive services from us. If you wish to remove your account and/or personal information from the Website, or elect to no longer receive services from us, please contact us using the contact information provided below.